Marital Dissolution (Divorce)
Kamita Partners, CPA provides comprehensive litigation support services in marital dissolution matters.
We assist counsel and clients through all phases of the financial aspect of the dissolution process, including discovery and disclosure, document and data accumulation, financial analysis, mediation and settlement conferences. We provide testimony in Family Courts and in proceedings before private mediators and judges.
Our services include:
- Income Available for Support.
- Marital Standard of Living.
- Dissomaster Preparation.
- Property Division.
- Business Valuation.
- Stock Option/Restricted Stock Unit Allocation.
- Community/Separate Property Tracing.
- Settlement Negotiation Support-calculation of settlement scenarios and present value of support buyout during negotiations.
- Draft client declarations or other specialized tasks as requested by counsel.
Forensic CPAs in family law must be knowledgeable of the laws and cases which govern how assets are divided or income determined and apply such concepts to the financial data of each case. We are uniquely qualified to provide such services as our background includes extensive experience in both law and accounting.
Kamita Partners, CPA provides analysis and expert opinions in complex commercial damages matters related to breach of contract, tortious interference, fraud, bad faith, partnership/shareholder disputes and business interruption.
We have calculated damages in a wide range of industries and situations including:
- Lost farm crops and profits and additional expenses due to flood, disease or defective pesticide.
- Lost profits in liquor distribution due to breach of contract.
- Lost share of business profits due to shareholder disputes or fraud.
- Lost profits from delays in restaurant openings due to breach of contract.
- Overcharges by utility companies due to erroneous calculations.
- Increased costs due to delays in installing solar panels.
- Excessive reimbursement for employee expenses due to fraud.
- Recalculation of partnership capital accounts.
Over the years we have assisted plaintiffs in obtaining large awards or assisted defendants in reducing or eliminating damages.